No More Mr. Nice Guy
So, Calvinism teaches that God is the author and finisher of evil, thus making sin no longer sin but transforming it into obedience, and hence Calvinism is the most supremely evil position a person can take in theology.
How many times do I have to respond to this? Read my last post again. Better yet, have someone read it to you. Loudly and slowly. Until it sinks in. Look up any unfamiliar words. Try not to drool on the dictionary that you use for that.
The Westminster Confession of Faith, emphasis my own:
God from all eternity, did, by the most wise and holy counsel of His own will, freely, and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass; yet so, as thereby neither is God the author of sin, nor is violence offered to the will of the creatures; nor is the liberty or contingency of second causes taken away, but rather established.
Read the Scriptural proof of the last point: “nor is the liberty or contingency of second causes taken away, but rather established.” The verses cited are as follows (KJV instead of my beloved ESV):
- Acts 2:23: Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain.
- Matthew 17:12: But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
- Acts 4:27-28: For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.
- John 19:11: Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.
- Proverbs 16:33: The lot is cast into the lap; but the whole disposing thereof is of the Lord.
Despite the fact that God foreordains all that will come to pass, he is not the author of sin. I don’t see how that can be made any more plain.
According to you, Cory, “What Calvinism does teach is that God has an eternal decree, from the beginning of time, that everything that would happen does happen.” So, your position is really not that man is the author of evil while God merely allows it to go on, but that God decreed each and every instance of evil that has ever happened to happen. You know that you are saying that God is the author and finisher of evil. BUT you also that saying such a thing is evil and blasphemous. Therefore, you try to say it without people realizing it, hoping that you can both convince people that God is the author and finisher of evil and yet also convince them that this isn’t what you are really saying, all at the same time. That is classic Calvinism, “God’s the author of evil, but you didn’t hear it from me, wink wink.”
What a load of crap! You have so failed to deal with the gradations of “foreordain” that your reply is of no value. As any idiot with a tenth-grade reading level can comprehend, I am saying that God allows evil as a negative decree and not as a positive one. Negatively allowing something falls well within the parameters of “foreordaining” the same, without making God the author of said event.
Your real argument is: “I don’t understand how God can decree every event on planet earth from the beginning and still expect us to accept blame for sin, so God has no eternal decree.” Then, you punctuate that argument with “neener neener!” and a raspberry. Next you’ll be asking me to pull your finger.